Tile package is unsupported data type

Jump to solution
05-18-2021 01:32 PM
Labels (1)
HunterRigatti
New Contributor

Hi,

I am digitizing the World Imagery base map and in order to ensure that I have access to the old version in case they update the images I have been downloading the World Imagery base map as a tile package (.tpkx/.tpk). I do this through the Download Map tool in ArcGIS Pro. 

Today I updated to the latest version of ArcGIS Pro (2.8.0) and now in the contents pane beside my downloaded tile package, I get the red exclamation mark that says "Click to repair layer's data source" when I hover over it. When I do that I cannot find the tile layer in my project folder as that search is restricted to raster files. 

Then if I try to add the tile package from the catalogue pane I get the following error: Failed to add data, unsupported data type. file_name.tpkx

This happens if I am using a tile package I downloaded before the update or one that I have recently downloaded. My colleague who has not updated their version of ArcGIS Pro (still on 2.7.0) does not have this problem and is able to view and add tile packages.

Can someone please advise on how to fix the issue?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HunterRigatti
New Contributor

Looks like it's an issue with using OneDrive to collaborate with others on the project. Tile packages load correctly if they are saved locally. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
HunterRigatti
New Contributor

Looks like it's an issue with using OneDrive to collaborate with others on the project. Tile packages load correctly if they are saved locally.