Select to view content in your preferred language

The display bug of same Multidirectional Hillshade in same range scales

07-20-2022 01:20 AM
Labels (1)
AlvisDou
Regular Contributor

I think the display of Multidirectional Hillshade (MH) has some bugs, in a full area map, the MH obtained directly by Raster Functions and the *.tif file obtained by exporting or copying this MH (by Raster Functions), the display effect is not the same (Figure 1 and 2).

When I enlarge the page to show only a local area, the two MHs are exactly the same (Figure 3). This leads to a significant decrease in display quality when I draw my study area map (because the directly generated MH is a temporary file that is automatically cleaned up by the Windows system, as I mentioned in this question: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/could-i-directly-save-a-multidirectional-hillshad....

I sincerely hope that you can find a slightly larger area (probably greater than 50,000 sq km) to test this MH display and find the problem and fix it. (Maybe this is because the temporary  MH did not create the pyramid, but it shows a better result)

AlvisDou_1-1658304395949.png

AlvisDou_4-1658304485763.png

AlvisDou_5-1658304876625.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You will have to use the same export properties as I mentioned in your other thread.  

If your samples don't have the same min and max values, they will display differently if the image is stretched (or similar operation)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AlvisDou
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the answer, I don't think it has anything to do with statistical values, please see my other reply.

0 Kudos