Texas Building Footprints

Jump to solution
08-08-2018 06:04 AM
SonaSunny
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone had success in converting the Microsoft building footprints data for Texas  to featureclass? I tried several times using the conversion tool box but it keeps on crashing.  

17 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I did not do anything to get it into that projection. It was part of the GeoJSON file and imported when I loaded it into my file geodatabase.

You may need to look at the FME workbench to see why the projection is missing in the output.

The 4326 projection is a geographic coordinate system WKID - https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/arcpy/classes/pdf/geographic_coordinate_systems.pdf 

SpatialReference—ArcPy classes | ArcGIS Desktop 

--- George T.
0 Kudos
LeoLadefian5
Occasional Contributor II

I used FME, you need something more robust for the large dataset.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Does the documentation include the date of data capture so you know how recent the data is?

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian5
Occasional Contributor II

Data Vintage

The vintage of the footprints depends on the vintage of the underlying imagery. Because Bing Imagery is a composite of multiple sources it is difficult to know the exact dates for individual pieces of data.

0 Kudos
SonaSunny
Occasional Contributor

Were you able to extract the Texas Building Footprints using the FME ?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Update: I tested importing North Dakota using the JSON to Features GP tool and it worked fine, no crashes.

I would install Pro 2.2.2 and then rested.

--- George T.
dfwgw
by
New Contributor II

Texas was a success via FME version of the ImportBuildingGeoJSON tool published on AGOL. Patience is key.

bruce_harold for the win.

0 Kudos