Select to view content in your preferred language

Taking a Map Offline - License Level Required?

Jump to solution
01-30-2018 01:13 AM
FinnianO_Connor
Deactivated User

To use the functionality of taking a map offline (Take a map offline—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop) what license level do you need? Level 1 or Level 2?

Thanks,

Finnian 

Tags (2)
16 Replies
FinnianO_Connor
Deactivated User

Are you saying a Level 1 role can not be assigned an ArcGIS Pro license?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

A level 2 named user is required for using ArcGIS Pro. ArcGIS Pro cannot be assigned to a named user of level 1.

FinnianO_Connor
Deactivated User

Thanks Xander, this is what I wanted to know.

Finnian

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

There may be other options for Pro licensing, for example if you have a concurrent license manager, licenses can may be able to be converted.  You would need to talk to you license administrator to know if this is possible, and maybe your customer service rep or lcal distributor. 

ArcGIS Desktop licensing—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
TimothyKing3
Regular Contributor

That does not take into account the ability to edit related tables does it?  You would still need Standard or Pro to accomplish that right?

Thanks,

LTK

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

When you edit related data in Collector, you will also need a level 2 named user. This is different than with desktop. In Desktop you will need Standard or Advanced to achieve this, but the level 2 named user that one has received with a Basic Desktop license would be able to edit related data using Collector (yet not with Desktop using the Basic license).

0 Kudos