Tabulate Area tool on raster values fails with error

Jump to solution
04-16-2022 01:25 PM
Labels (2)
Hope-Hauptman
Occasional Contributor

When I try the tabulate area tool with my raster I get the following error: 

ERROR 000864 Input raster or feature zone data: The input is not within the defined domain.
ERROR 000969: The input raster is not integer type.

I have tried using the raster calculator to multiply values by 1000 - which did not work I got the same error as above. Then I tried using the Int tool to change to integer and it changed all of the values to 0... This seems like it would be a common GIS task but can't find an answer in user forums. See capture but values there are x1000. 

What I want is the total area in each value range: green, red, yellow, orange, etc...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hope-Hauptman
Occasional Contributor

I solved this by using the reclassify tool on the raster first and then the tabulate area. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

000864: <value>: The input is not within the defined domain. <value>.—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

000969: The input raster is not integer type.—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Tabulate Area (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

tabulate area needs two files.  What is your zone file and what is your class file?

If you use the Int tool, there is no need to multiply by 1000, unless you want to multiply by 1000 then take the In

... sort of retired...
Hope-Hauptman
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. My zone file is a dissolved shapefile and my class file is a raster .tif file. I tried int before and after multiplying by 1000. 

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'm guessing the zone field values in the dissolved shapefile were not integer.

0 Kudos
Hope-Hauptman
Occasional Contributor

I solved this by using the reclassify tool on the raster first and then the tabulate area.