Table to Excel not ending properly

Jump to solution
06-26-2022 01:29 AM
Labels (1)
LéonRastoul
New Contributor II

I just switched to ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and encountered a problem with the Table to Excel function.

When executing the function, it does write the output file (.xlm) successfully, but the process in ArcGIS doesn't stop. This is preventing me from starting any other function. Cancelling the "Table to Excel" isn't really an option, as the cancelling process also takes an infinite amount of time. There is a process in the task manager "ExceltoSQLite64" which has a high CPU usage.

Is there a way to fix this ?

Edit: I've included a Test File in case anyone wants to try with the same file.

Thanks.

26 Replies
Orca654
New Contributor III

Same Issues while using the "Excel to Table" or "XY Table to Point" to load an Excel file. Following the instructions above to install the MS Access DB Engine 2016 Redistributable will solve the issues.

And I also tested that ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 didn't fix this issue!

0 Kudos
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

Same problem after upgrading to 3.0.  I found the information to download .NET Desktop and the MS Access DB Engine a while back, but it still wasn't working.  Now, after reading through this post I tried the silent install on the DB Engine and that did the trick!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
GrahamWashburn
New Contributor

There is a bug logged related to this. I have the same problem and was recently on a zoom call with support about it. Do you have ArcMap installed on the same machine? Support told me that may be contributing to the issue.

Link to the related bug page is below 🙂

BUG-000150929: This is a reoccurring issue. ArcGIS Pro loads indefi.. (esri.com)

0 Kudos
RichardPearson_org
New Contributor II

I’m also experiencing the bug where 3.0 won’t load projects containing links to Excel files. The initial problem was fixed by installing the access database engine, but every few weeks the problem reoccurs and 3.0 breaks on loading excel files again. Uninstalling and then reinstalling both .net desktop runtime and the access database engine fixes things again, but only temporarily. It’s really quite frustrating…..

0 Kudos
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

Same.  I thought I fixed this with the silent install of the MS Access DB Engine, but the problem started happening again a few weeks later.  I just uninstalled the DB Engine and did another silent install and it is now working again.

0 Kudos
PatriciaKJ
New Contributor II
Yeah, I eventually gave up and reverted back to 2.9
0 Kudos
MingLangLi
New Contributor

I have no problem after installed those runtime and engine, it can export the whole table to excel file.

But, when I made a selection of 73 rows to make a new layers and would like to export those selected rows(became a new table, the table can't export to excel file.

Please help.

0 Kudos