Table Frame in Layout not recognising all columns in a layer

Jump to solution
06-09-2022 11:15 PM
Barbara_Araujo
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a layer with 14 columns, 4 of which being text-type (2 in cyrillic, 2 in latin alphabet, if it makes a difference). I would like to display two of them (the latin ones suffice) in my layout. However, when I add a table frame, the programme does not recognise these columns. I may blend the remaining 10 double-type ones in and out, but the others don't even show up as options anywhere.

This is the first time I have this problem. I have created other layouts with text-type columns in tables in the past.

I have noticed that the tables I used to create my shapefiles are able to show their text in the Layout, so I have also tried exporting my layers' tables and using them. This did not work either.

In the other times I successfully created tables with text, I worked with polygons. This time I am working with point layers. I thought the problem lied there until I tried creating a table with polygons and noticed text-type columns were ignored there as well.

What could possibly be causing this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Barbara, 

To maximize performance, after all some tables have hundreds of fields, table frames will display up to the first 10 fields when the table frame is first inserted onto the layout. You can add additional fields or remove fields using the context menu off the table frame element in the Contents pane.

Here is the relevant from the help topic https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/layouts/add-and-modify-table-frames.htm:

Screenshot1.PNG

Here is a screenshot of the Table Frame context menu with the Add Field option highlighted.

Screenshot.PNG

Hope this helps.

Tom

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Barbara, 

To maximize performance, after all some tables have hundreds of fields, table frames will display up to the first 10 fields when the table frame is first inserted onto the layout. You can add additional fields or remove fields using the context menu off the table frame element in the Contents pane.

Here is the relevant from the help topic https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/layouts/add-and-modify-table-frames.htm:

Screenshot1.PNG

Here is a screenshot of the Table Frame context menu with the Add Field option highlighted.

Screenshot.PNG

Hope this helps.

Tom

Barbara_Araujo
New Contributor III

Thank you, I was looking for this option elsewhere but never thought of right-clicking the element. This solved my issue.

0 Kudos