Select to view content in your preferred language

Systematically working/pan trough large sets of locations/features

Jump to solution
07-22-2022 02:23 AM
Labels (1)
MedewerkerKragten
New Contributor

Dear community,

In my common workflow I regularly have to work trough sets of features to check for errors and/or apply new edits. We tend to analyse the data and generate a list of 'points of interest' for these manual checks. In Arc map the data driven pages toolbar was a great way to pan trough locations systematically while keeping track of progress trough the set. 

In arcgis pro, the data driven pages toolbar is no more. I'm currently trying to figure out a new workflow to pan trough large datasets in a similar way (least amount of clicks). Using the table to quickly pan to the next row is an option but it requires a lot more clicks and it's harder to keep track of progress.

In short, i am looking for a 'pan to next feature' button.

kind regards, Lucas

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@MedewerkerKragten 

You can use the Attributes Pane Layers tab: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/editing/step-through-features-on-a-layer.htm

Step through features in the pane and they are panned to. You can also hit play to automatically step through at various speeds.

TIPS: The 'Display Field' (or expression) in layer properties controls what attributes are displayed in the list. The sorting matches the attributes table sorting.

layerstab.gif

Hope this helps,

-Scott

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@MedewerkerKragten 

You can use the Attributes Pane Layers tab: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/editing/step-through-features-on-a-layer.htm

Step through features in the pane and they are panned to. You can also hit play to automatically step through at various speeds.

TIPS: The 'Display Field' (or expression) in layer properties controls what attributes are displayed in the list. The sorting matches the attributes table sorting.

layerstab.gif

Hope this helps,

-Scott