Strip Map Index Features in ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
02-02-2018 04:46 PM
AdamInglis1
Occasional Contributor

Is the Strip Map Index Features coming to ArcGIS Pro?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Adam, it looks like that tool will be coming into ArcGIS Pro in a future release; however, I'm not able to provide an estimate.  Currently, the Generate Rectangles Along Lines—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop tool is available to create a series of rectangles along a line that could be used as an index layer for generate strip maps.  This might not have all of the page-specific attributes added by the Strip Map Features Index tool, but might it work for you in the meantime?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Adam, it looks like that tool will be coming into ArcGIS Pro in a future release; however, I'm not able to provide an estimate.  Currently, the Generate Rectangles Along Lines—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop tool is available to create a series of rectangles along a line that could be used as an index layer for generate strip maps.  This might not have all of the page-specific attributes added by the Strip Map Features Index tool, but might it work for you in the meantime?

AdamInglis1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kory, I'll tool a shot next time I need to, it looks promising.  I've been creating the indexes in ArcMap and then bringing them into Pro.   I just wanted to make sure this tool wasn't, it is frequently used by our group.

Cheers, 

Adam