Select to view content in your preferred language

Standalone table in a group layer — In what version of Pro was that functionality added?

Jump to solution
02-16-2024 06:37 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro 2.6.8, it's not possible to add a standalone table to a group layer.

Video:

But I've heard that's possible in newer versions of Pro.

In what version of ArcGIS Pro was that functionality added?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Thanks.

I manually adjusted the help URL by putting 2.9 in it:
https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.9/help/mapping/layer-properties/work-with-group-layers.htm 

It looks like 2.9 has the standalone table blurb:

You can also include stand-alone tables inside group layers. They can be added directly to the group layer, or dragged from another group or the Standalone Tables section of the Contents pane into a group layer.

But 2.8 doesn't seem to have the same blurb. So, my best guess is the functionality was added in 2.9.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

According to this documentation, it's 3.0. At least that's only how far back the documentation will refer when it comes to versions.

Eugene_Adkins_0-1708094798853.png

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Thanks.

I manually adjusted the help URL by putting 2.9 in it:
https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.9/help/mapping/layer-properties/work-with-group-layers.htm 

It looks like 2.9 has the standalone table blurb:

You can also include stand-alone tables inside group layers. They can be added directly to the group layer, or dragged from another group or the Standalone Tables section of the Contents pane into a group layer.

But 2.8 doesn't seem to have the same blurb. So, my best guess is the functionality was added in 2.9.

0 Kudos
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

Yeah, I guess that makes sense since the screenshot I included literally says 2.9 🙃

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

That's correct Bud.  I followed the same workflow but a slightly easier way.  At the top of each help page is the term the "help archive" hyperlink.  ArcGIS Pro Help goes back to 2.6.