Splitting of polygons in ArcGIS Pro 2.3 changes my features and symbology

Jump to solution
01-28-2019 08:11 AM
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I just upgraded to Pro 2.3 and am doing the exact same process I did in 2.2 but with different results (same day).

I have a polygon feature in a file geodatabase that is symbolized based on a domain I have set up.

When I use the Split tool to divide up my polygon, the new resulted split polygons change all my domains to null.

This is more of a potential bug report than anything else. But, has anyone else seen this?

24 Replies
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

@Scott_Harris - I uninstalled ArcPro and reinstalled version 2.8, and no longer have the issue with the split policy.  The domains are read only in this workspace for hosted features and the split policy is set to default, but the attributes do copy over to both split features as I want them to.

0 Kudos
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

I did follow up with Tech Support on this, and he was able to reproduce the issue in 2.9, and found that the issue does not occur in 2.8.  He has logged bug number: BUG-000148890.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@LukeGilner1 Thanks for following up. I made the team responsible for this area of the software aware of the newly logged defect as well.

0 Kudos
RichSiko
New Contributor III

Scott you mentioned in this thread  "If you need the policy to be changed to duplicate, perhaps there is a way to do it using REST calls". 

Can you or anyone else confirm that there is a JSON update that can be used to update the Split Policy.  If so, could you please share the code.

The option of creating a FGDB, editing the domains and re-publishing to AGOL isn't practical if you already built a lot of maps and apps.  Too many things need to be recreated after re-publishing.

It would be very helpful if esri could provide some tips and tricks specifically for REST. It could be a real time saver.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@RichSiko 

Split policy might be a "read-only" property on hosted feature services (since it involves the schema). I'm not entirely sure, but that's my best guess. One suggestion would be to ask your question over on ArcGIS Online: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online/ct-p/arcgis-online Another suggestion would be to reach out to Esri Technical Support. I'm sorry I don't have a more definitive answer at this time.

-Scott

0 Kudos