Sort / Order Datasets in Catalog Pane

09-10-2018 10:20 AM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way to sort / order datasets in the Catalog Pane in ArcGIS Pro?  We have an enterprise geodatabase that contains a lot of feature classes and tables that have a naming convention in order to make them easy to find, but for some reason in the Catalog Pane in ArcGIS Pro, datasets don't seem to always be sorted or ordered in alphabetical order.

Below is a sample screenshot of our database and the way datasets are presented.

The database and schema names are all the same, so why are datasets that starts with 'a' below those that start with 's'?

We have other datasets that start with the prefix 'asr' that are found at the top of the dataset list, why aren't these datasets grouped along with those?

FYI --- I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.2.2

5 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you using SQL Server as your relational database?  I have Oracle and the order of data in SDE looks correct.  Do you have any other relational databases to review in Pro at your org?

0 Kudos
mpboyle

Yes, using SQL Server (2014 Standard).  No other RDBMS to test here.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Do you need a SQL Server Native Client on your desktop to be able to create the sde connection in Pro?  I see SQL Server Native Clients for SQL Server 2012, but none for SQL Server 2014.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

After SQL Server 2012 you need the ODBC drivers that MS provides to connect to SQL Server, not the SQL Server Native client.

Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server on Windows | Microsoft Docs 

--- George T.
0 Kudos
mpboyle

Already have ODBC drivers (11 and 13) installed.

0 Kudos