Sharing trees as a web scene

01-15-2016 04:51 AM
JørnKristiansen
Esri Contributor

Hi all!

Does some knows if it is possible to publish preset layers as a sceneservice/web layer to view in the scene viewer?

I really need to publish some trees to my scene and this paper says it is possible:

However in my arcgis PRO (got a environment where everything is configured right, publications of multipatches works great) I cannot publish this:

Publish as a Web Scene results in a empty service.

Some got any idea?

Thanks!

3 Replies
MatthewBaber
Esri Contributor

Hi Jørn,

The easiest way to accomplish this is to use City Engine. When you import your GDB look in the ESRI.lib folder under rules and then under plants drag and drop the trees onto the points (I'm assuming that is what you used in this procedure).

You will have a lot more options for customizing here than in Pro currently. When done, CTRL+E and select web scene. Hope this helps.

JørnKristiansen
Esri Contributor

Hi there Matthew and thanks for your answer!

This would be a perfect workflow if I should pulish to the city engine web viewer, but in this case I want to pulish the trees as scene services, so that i can open them in the "new" scene viewer: Web Scene Viewer

MatthewBaber
Esri Contributor

Ah, I apologize for misunderstanding. I thought the goal was to get it out to a web view. Hopefully someone with more Pro knowledge will step in.