sharing .mxd within a Onedrive folder

10-18-2018 10:34 AM
NoelCantwell1
New Contributor

I am currently experimenting sharing mapping with a colleague in another country.  We want to work with the SAME data on the SAME maps.  I've created a shared folder in Onedrive where all the data will reside, plus logos, and anything else needed on our maps. 

I build the map on my end,  saving the .mxd  , and checking  store relative pathnames to data sources  in properties,  is this enough to ensure my colleague on the other end can open the map on his desktop, with no path issues ?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

While I don't know the specific answer to your question, there was a recent thread about accessing OneDrive and ArcGIS Pro and one of the takeaways was that you likely had to create a new drive letter that pointed to the OneDrive location. So, to maximize compatibility, you and and your colleague may need to establish the same drive letter on your respective computers that points to the same OneDrive folder. And use the same version of ArcGIS Pro, of course..

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Project package—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

just keep everything in one main folder, with the aprx in the root of that folder, then relative-ness will be good

0 Kudos