Select to view content in your preferred language

Set or change Field Properties

Jump to solution
12-10-2022 08:55 AM
Craig_Eissler_Iceman
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

For some reason I cant seem to find where to set or change Field Properties (...I recall how to in ArcMap). I'm in Field Design and thinking this has got to be real easy, but I'm just overlooking it. 

For instance, I'd like to specify a specific 'scale' and 'precision' for my decimal values.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Craig_Eissler_Iceman
Frequent Contributor

Ah, OK -- you actually have to specifically click on the far right side of that cell ...I knew it was something silly.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

From.... this note.

Add Field (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Note:
Field precision and scale are not supported in a file geodatabase feature class or table. If you enter a value for precision or scale, it will be ignored.

For other databases see below the note.

If it is for display purposes, ....

fields.png

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Craig_Eissler_Iceman
Frequent Contributor

Ah, OK -- you actually have to specifically click on the far right side of that cell ...I knew it was something silly.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

or double click if you don't see the little ...

... sort of retired...
Craig_Eissler_Iceman
Frequent Contributor

ooops, maybe I spoke too soon.

I reduced the number of decimal places from 6 to 2. But, when I go to "label" this field, 12 decimal places display! ...What am I missing?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

probably under label properties

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Craig_Eissler_Iceman
Frequent Contributor

I don't see anything called Label Properties per se'.

There are Text Symbol options, which opens the Label Class pane, with all kinds of options and properties (and may be what you're referring to), but I don't see anything there either. ...I could be overlooking it though?

0 Kudos
Craig_Eissler_Iceman
Frequent Contributor

OK, I had another colleague let me know that you if you go into the Label Class pane > Label expression and change the Language from Arcade to VBScript it will now read the values directly from the Field as they are formatted there!

0 Kudos