Reports in ArcGIS Pro

10-17-2014 07:41 AM
RyanClose
New Contributor III

I've been playing around in ArcGIS Pro, trying to recreate some tools we currently use in the case that our 3rd party tools will eventually become incompatible with a future release of ArcGIS.  Some tools can be recreated, but I can't seem to find any reporting abilities.  Am I missing something?

18 Replies
GraemeBrowning
Occasional Contributor III

I asked the same question, but for ArcGIS Pro 1.2, at the GIS Stack Exchange.

The answer there was:

This functionality is not in ArcGIS Pro at the 1.2 release.  We hope to add it at a future release.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

"Word on the street" is a later release.  I'm working with a BETA 1.4 and it's not in this release.

ThomasThorsen1
New Contributor III

Did you find a good work-around?  Back to ArcMap?

0 Kudos
GraemeBrowning

Depending on your requirements a workaround could be to use the Python library named ReportLab.  You should find help about it here and at focussed Q&A sites:

Its syntax and coding patterns take some getting used to but it has lots of functionality.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Got Pro already?

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Dan:

I can see reportlab under Add Packages, but the Install button is greyed out.  Is it in the list, but not actually available to be downloaded and installed?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

if you are using the newest version of Pro, you have to install inside a clone of the esri distribution.

Alternately, if you want it inside the original distribution, then you have to do a conda install inside the original distribution.

You can't install anything through the package manager as of ArcGIS Pro 2.2.1.. unless you clone then install within the clone of he environment... (It is all very Star Wars-ish now)

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Ryan,

Please refer to the https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-pro/blog/2017/03/05/arcgis-pro-roadmap?... Reports are listed for Mid-term (meaning we can be pretty sure they won't be in the next release of Pro, 2.0).  So hopefully you'll see them coming relatively soon.

Keep an eye on that roadmap as it will continue to be updated as the capabilities are released.

0 Kudos
AndrewHargreaves2