Select to view content in your preferred language

report not choosing selected records

11-09-2022 11:25 AM
StHilaireLisa
Emerging Contributor

Hi, I have a report that has been functioning perfectly for the last year. Records are selected within a feature class, then the report is run that displays those selected records along with the attribute values I chose. It was working perfectly late Monday. I didn't use it Tuesday. Today it lost its data source, even though I didn't move the gdb, didn't change the feature class, didn't rename it, so I'm unclear why it lost its source. When I went to set the data source, it remembered where it should point, and I chose that gdb and feature class again. However, I had to specify all rows or filter by expression. I don't remember doing this, somehow it AUTOMAGICALLY knew to only run on the selected records. I chose all rows, since the selected records could be in any row. But now when the report runs, ALL records are included, producing a 200 page report. These reports vary in length, but are generally 1-4 pgs long (because they're only the selected records). How do I get the report to run only with those rows that are selected? I tried filter by expression, but there is no expression, and it also ran on all rows. Do I have to rebuild this entirely? What am I missing? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnthonyAtkins2
Occasional Contributor

Seeing how this was posted back in 2022 and there's no answer, I'm going to assume this is a bug that hasn't been addressed yet?  My situation is almost exactly the same as this one.  I hadn't used the report in a while,  but the last time I did, it worked perfectly.  I open it today to create a report and the source is broken.  I reset the source, but the fields in the report aren't recognizing the source.  So I recreate the report from scratch with the layer in my map. When I go to run the report based on selected features, I get all rows and not just the selected records.  Would someone please report back on this?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
StHilaireLisa
Emerging Contributor

Hi Anthony,

What worked was something I found online that seemed peripherally related. The IT folks here told me "NO that won't matter", but it fixed the problem. I remembered back w/ desktop ArcMap that resetting the normal file fixed things that seemed like they weren't working right, so I basically did that. No normal file anymore (?) in Pro, so I followed instructions at this link. Bit of a PITA since we access via remote desktop services, but I was able to find my user profile on the remote desktop, rename the roaming and local profiles to something like _old, and then when I started Pro again, it all worked like it should. https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/how-to-perform-an-arcgis-pro-soft-reset-000027631

0 Kudos