Reason Analyze is greyed out when publishing a HFS

Jump to solution
06-22-2020 09:12 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am trying to publish a simple Hosted Feature Service in Pro and the Analyze button is stuck on grey.  No real info to go on here.  Search found nothing.

What are some reasons for this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Turns out the URL had a small typo.  Yet it still could find the login page somehow.  Weird.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Maybe because the data is being copied over to ArcGIS Online and will be managed by that. I just did the same workflow to ArcGIS Online and the Analyze is grayed out.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

But that is the whole point of a Hosted Feature Service right?  How do you publish one then?

So weird.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Yes, with hosted feature services ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise manage the layer.

Here is the help doc for this; Publish hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

ArcGIS Online

--- George T.
0 Kudos
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Doug,

Do you see a message when you hover over the grayed out buttons? Are you signed in as a user with publishing privileges? 

Jonah

DougBrowning2
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks.  Did not think to hover.  It says I do not have publishing rights but I for sure do - have published to this account a bunch of times.

I looked at I am User Type Creator and Role is Publisher.

0 Kudos
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Are the buttons disabled when you share a web map or package?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning2
Occasional Contributor III

Yes grey for all.  I can publish from ArcMap just fine for years with this account.  

I tried diff layers, blank maps, simple stuff, loggin in and out, and all of that.

thanks

0 Kudos
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Are you able to publish directly in ArcGIS Online? (Please refer to the help topic George posted earlier: Publish hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation)

If not, I think it might be best to contact Tech Support for assistance.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I just tested a different computer and it works.  So it is not my account.

Turns out they gave my new computer Pro 2.5 (which I did not know).  My other computer is 2.4.1.

Is this a known 2.5 bug?

Thanks

0 Kudos