Raster to Point - Converting Multiple Files at a Time

Jump to solution
01-10-2022 03:11 PM
Labels (1)
ScottFraser_Key-West
New Contributor III

I've got about 200 DEM LiDAR raster files. Using the "Raster to Point" tool easily converts the cell data to points, but it'll be a slow process if I have to convert every file individually. 

Is there a tool in Pro that'll allow me to select multiple raster files at time for point conversion?  

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

that was suggested earlier with possibilities to code it... they have a large number to process so manual selection would be out of the question

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Rather than have all the rasters in the map, you can browse to the rasters and using shift click select first and last. This is much quicker than manually adding them.

0 Kudos
ScottFraser_Key-West
New Contributor III

Didn't seem to allow shift-click on multiple files. Would only accept one at a time. However, the suggestion of batching them via the right-click is much more efficient. 

thanks,

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

r2p.jpg

 click on the first raster and then shift click on the last raster

0 Kudos
ScottFraser_Key-West
New Contributor III

Just figured out how to do what you suggested about selecting multiple files. I'd been trying to select multiple files from within the "Batch Raster to Point" pane. 

Then it dawned on me, multiple files can be selected in the "Contents" panel and dragged to the "Batch Raster to Point" pane and they'll be added to the batch. Ah ha!

As my father used to say:  "Finally, light dawns on Marble Head." 

thanks

0 Kudos
ScottFraser_Key-West
New Contributor III

Oh yeah... much easier. Wasn't aware there was a batch option hiding under the right-click. 

Thanks Luke.

0 Kudos