Select to view content in your preferred language

Raster mosaic data footprints, add url's for each image

07-27-2023 01:13 PM
Labels (3)
pbDudley
Emerging Contributor

Hello

I am trying to organize a large number of georeferenced tif images that will be added to image server. I was taught recently about how a raster mosaic data set could be used for this. I assumed that the mosaic tool would only be used to mosaic imagery. I am only using the footprint as a way to hopefully organize a lot of overlaying maps.   

My plan would be to have this footprint table published in portal, then if it's possible have the URL for each image stored in the table, then create a sort of dashboard or perhaps something built in experience builder to use to navigate all of the URL's, it's a lot of them. 

I do have an existing table that has all of the info that I would need to join to the footprint but I'm not sure if this possible. Or I tried to join a table to it but I don't have a join option for the footprints.

Also, is there a way to get the URL for each map image stored in a mosaic dataset once it's brought into portal?  Would my methodology even be possible?  Thanks

Tags (2)
1 Reply
pbDudley
Emerging Contributor

Is this not possible?  When you publish a mosaic data set to portal I guess I can use the attachment viewer to view each map image?  But if I import one tif map image into portal, I can see the individual URL for that map. Then I would copy this URL. I can then use this URL in another program that I use that connects to our portal. Will I see all of the URLs in portal for each using the mosaic data set method 

0 Kudos