"Add to current map" without automatically displaying

Jump to solution
12-26-2020 10:50 AM
Labels (1)
LaurieKurilla1
New Contributor III

Frequently I add a feature from one gdb to another - to my currently open ArcGIS Pro map.  I would like to be able to do so without it automatically displaying the feature in the open map, that is, I would like the display option to be unchecked.  I can't do so interactively until the feature copy is complete.  Reason...my features are global and at a fine resolution so the displaying as it is adding the feature slows everything down.  I don't directly "copy" the feature from one gdb to the other because that is a VERY time-consuming process with my extremely large data files and I don't want to use up additional storage.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LaurieKurilla1
New Contributor III

Oops, never mind.  I found the solution myself.  Thanks to one of the earlier questions and answers I received which advised me to look at the project tab, 'option'.   That's where I found the capability to turn off automatically displaying a newly added feature.  I now know to check their first.  😉 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LaurieKurilla1
New Contributor III

Oops, never mind.  I found the solution myself.  Thanks to one of the earlier questions and answers I received which advised me to look at the project tab, 'option'.   That's where I found the capability to turn off automatically displaying a newly added feature.  I now know to check their first.  😉