Publishing a map service with labels

08-08-2024 06:52 AM
Labels (1)
OliviaE
New Contributor

So I feel a little silly having this problem but here I am. I am trying to publish a map service with labels. These labels are generated from a label expression and are from a polygon layer that is joined with a table. Everything looks fine in Pro but when I publish the map service, none of the labels show up. Is there some setting or something I am missing? Are we not able to label based on joined fields?

ArcPro version: 3.1.0

Server: 10.9.1

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Frequent Contributor

This may seem like a silly question, but are you publishing your map service with the table used for the label?

Also, you may want to look on the portal side and make sure the label feature option is turned on when you add the service to a map; and check your visibility range for the labels. I'm working with almost the same environment and I'm able to see labels in my services that are based on joined information so it's probably something you'll be able to figure out eventually.

0 Kudos
OliviaE
New Contributor

Totally valid question! Yes the table is being published with the service. At first I thought it was something to do with the visibility range but labels don't seem to be appearing at any scale. I am not publishing this to Portal, just our standalone environment. Our Portal is the same version though so maybe I should try that instead. At least I know this is theoretically possible now!

0 Kudos