Projection on the Fly 3.1.2

Jump to solution
06-26-2023 11:39 AM
Labels (1)
CFECAK
by
Emerging Contributor

I am bringing a CAD file into Pro 3.1.2 and it is placing it in the middle of nowhere.   When I bring the same CAD file in 2.9 it brings it in to the exact location of where it should be.  The CAD file has the correct coordinates of its location just no projection set.  Is there a reason that this could be happening?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This appears to be BUG-000158399 - DGN files with projection files (.prj) do not display in the correct location in ArcGIS Pro 3.1. Although this is a DGN bug report, I have a suspicion it also is affecting CAD files too.  It has been fixed in the upcoming release of ArcGIS Pro 3.2.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This appears to be BUG-000158399 - DGN files with projection files (.prj) do not display in the correct location in ArcGIS Pro 3.1. Although this is a DGN bug report, I have a suspicion it also is affecting CAD files too.  It has been fixed in the upcoming release of ArcGIS Pro 3.2.

RonSantos
Emerging Contributor

The OP said they are having issues with files that don't have .prj associated. We're having similar issues with DGNs that don't have .prj files and with DGNs that have .prj files. Will Pro 3.2 fix this issue for both situations? 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I hope so @RonSantos !  I do not have ArcGIS Pro 3.2 (BETA) installed on my instructor laptop so am not able to test.  But will see if I can get a virtual machine with ArcGIS Pro to test.  Do you have sample/test data I could use to verify?  Please advise.

0 Kudos