Problems creating template

12-16-2019 12:32 PM
StephenAtkins
New Contributor

Hello all.  I'm pretty new to Pro and I'm trying to get a template setup for my self an other users.  I'm not storing it online (for now).  The problem is that it only includes the databases and layers that are currently visible when I create the template.  It's also creating "new" geodatabases that are put in to the new project.

Is there anyway to make a template that only stores UNC links (all my files are on a shared drive)?

Thanks.

Stephen

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JacobHelfman1
New Contributor III

I'm assuming you're making a project template file (.aprx). If that's the case, you can customize it's contents via the Catalog pane. Connections are moved 'relative' to the aprx.

For ArcMap users—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

To add to this, I am wondering about the "new" geodatabase portion of the question. I may be misunderstanding but sounds like you may be referring to new default file geodatabases per project? If that is true this is controlled under Options>General>Geodatabase:

To Jacob's point, you can add your network drives to catalog then create the project template.

StephenAtkins
New Contributor

Thanks for the help and sorry about the late reply.  Got stuck with other planning and budget stuff for the new year.

I changed the selection you highlighted to select the geodatabase that I usually update or add to.  But it's only the one geodatabase.  I have multiple databases that I reference in this template and may need to update or add to other ones and would like those to be updated by new projects also.  I think what I'm looking to do is better done with a single project that all my users use instead of a template.  That is unless I'm missing something else.

Thanks again for the help.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is your data stored in a file geodatabase on the network and then this data is getting copied into the project file geodatabase instead of being referenced from it's original location?

0 Kudos