Problem with boundary label placement

07-26-2018 01:29 PM
MelissaJohnson
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to label some polygons using boundary label placement with Remove Duplicate Labels set to Remove all.  For some reason ArcGIS Pro is not honoring the Remove Duplicates.  What I really want to accomplish is for a single label to be on each line in the middle of the line (as shown by the yellow highlight).  I know this was an option in ArcMap.  Any idea why it doesn't work in Pro?

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

confused... is that image the one from Pro or the one from ArcMap?

0 Kudos
MelissaJohnson

From pro.  That highlighted area is what I want the labels to look like, one label in the center of the line.  The south line is putting 3 repeating sets of labels and the east line is not centered which is what I want.  There is nothing there to interfere with the labels to prevent them from labeling correctly, I have turned everything else off.  The main thing is that they shouldn't be repeating at all having set them to remove all duplicates.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The south line looks like it has 3 segments, the east line... that is a weird one

0 Kudos
MelissaJohnson

I guess I should note that this is a polygon layer I am working with.  I assumed it would label each side one time (I feel like this has worked for other projects before for me)  I think just converting the labels to anno and moving them manually is the only route.

0 Kudos