Problem editing annotation attributes - Pro 2.7

01-11-2021 11:01 AM
Labels (1)
MitchKrupp1
New Contributor II

Hello. I'm having problems editing annotation in ArcGIS Pro 2.7.  Specifically, problems editing the annotation attributes. If I go to Edit tab -> Select (and then select an anno) and then click Attributes on the Selection section of the Edit tab, the anno attribute dialog will open but it locks up. The more I try to click on the dialog the more it locks up ArcGIS Pro. To get control back I have to go to the Windows Task Manager and crash out of Pro.

Here's my process:

In Pro

Create a new map project

Add a layer of existing local data (lakes)

Create a new file geodatabase

Create a new annotation feature class in the new database (not feature linked).

Create a new annotation on the map

Select new anno if it's not already selected

Click the Attributes button on the Selection section of the Edit tab

The attributes dialog opens, and then the crazy starts to happen. I pretty much can't do anything after that other that crash out of Pro with the Windows Task Manager. It's hard to move the Attributes dialog or to do anything else in it.

Any ideas? .... Thanks!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MickaëlDe_Preester1
New Contributor

Thanks for your workaround it really saves me.

0 Kudos
GWrightGRG
New Contributor

You are a GODSEND. Thank you for sharing your solution as it was the solution to my problem as well. After being on tech support for hours with no solution, I was thinking it was my RAM or something not being able to cath up, I decided to Google it... "arcgis pro annotation crashing my project" in case anyone else googles this, they can be routed here. Thanks again!

0 Kudos