Pro signin greyed out

04-23-2018 10:24 PM
AlistairFox
Occasional Contributor

So what triggers the signin option for a portal to be greyed out.

I can add the portal connection in pro, set it as active, test availability, but the signin option is greyed out. Which makes it very hard to use or do anything with the portal from pro

Connecting to a 10.5.1 Portal from Pro 2.1

Tags (2)
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You have seen this, I assume

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/projects/sign-in-to-your-organization.htm

where it states that you can only have one active portal (because apparently others won't appear... doesn't say disabled... but)

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/projects/manage-portal-connections-from-arcgis-pro.htm

So I am not sure about grayed-out in this context

AlistairFox
Occasional Contributor

well that was along the right lines. Seems to be a quirk where you need to remove all portal connections. sign in to AGOL then open a pro session and then go back to portals and add your portal in, then you can sign in. 😞

also found a bug in pro 2.1 that needed the latest 2.1.2 patch to fix that so it could sign in to Pro from Portal.

fun fun

JacksonTrappett
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you Alistair - this worked for us!  Solved the problem that we've had for months now!

0 Kudos
JohnBrockwell
Occasional Contributor III

I have multiple Portals and 4 AGOL organizations I belong to. I have the same issue since upgrading to 2.2.1. I removed all my Orgs and re-added them and it still doesn't work. I just shake my head and keep moving. I just accept Pro for its bugginess and use it as best I can.

I'm done trouble shooting Pro. When something doesn't work I find a work-around. Big difference. I publish to one org and move data from the org I can get to work with Pro and bounce the services around up there. Then delete copies that are in orgs not intended.

Greyed Out

JohnMax
New Contributor III

I had this same problem and contacted ESRI support.  It turns out it was a problem with a registry entry.  In Regedit navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGIS Online For Pro\SignIn\NAMEOFYOURPORTAL

Make sure that "Authentication" is set to 0.  If not, choose Modify and change it.  This worked for me.