Pro SDK Configuration - Checking for Updates Blocked

Jump to solution
06-28-2019 07:29 AM
DylanHarwell
Occasional Contributor

I just noticed the other day on the About page, software updates section, a message says 'Checking for Updates is Blocked'. We were on Pro 2.3 and we all noticed it, and then upgraded to 2.4 yesterday and we all still have that message. Here's the kicker, we are using a configuration I made, and when I open the regular ArcGISPro.exe I don't get that updates blocked message.

In the configuration I created, I only made a custom splash screen, the About and Startup page overrides are commented out. So I don't see how this could be causing this message. I checked my registry and CheckForUpdatesOnStartup = 1. 

Is this built-in behavior of configurations to block update checking.. or a bug.. or am I missing something obvious in the code? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dylan,

You need to change attribute checkForUpdatesAtStartup value to true in config.daml file:

<Configuration blockCustomizeDialog="false" blockPerfMeter="true" checkForUpdatesAtStartup="true">
    <ConfigurationManager className="ConfigurationManager1"/>
  </Configuration>

By default it is false.

More info here:

https://github.com/esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/ProConcepts-Configurations

I have checked in my configuration project and it works. Maybe you need to set other two attributes from my code. I have just copied all attributes to my config.daml

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dylan,

You need to change attribute checkForUpdatesAtStartup value to true in config.daml file:

<Configuration blockCustomizeDialog="false" blockPerfMeter="true" checkForUpdatesAtStartup="true">
    <ConfigurationManager className="ConfigurationManager1"/>
  </Configuration>

By default it is false.

More info here:

https://github.com/esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/ProConcepts-Configurations

I have checked in my configuration project and it works. Maybe you need to set other two attributes from my code. I have just copied all attributes to my config.daml