Select to view content in your preferred language

Pro 3.1 - Edit an existing style

Jump to solution
03-10-2023 08:26 AM
KeithAddison1
Frequent Contributor

How do I edit an existing style in Pro?  The one in Map was much easier to figure out.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

In the Contents pane, expand Styles. A list of built in styles should popup along with any existing custom styles you may have created. If you don't have any existing styles, then right click on Styles and point to New and create one. Once you created you should see it in the list. Double click it to open the style and that should show the attributes associated with that style. Look in the lower left corner of that pane and you should see what I posted above. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

Styles in the Catalog pane -> Manage Styles and you should be able to edit from there

0 Kudos
KeithAddison1
Frequent Contributor

I get there, but the only thing I can find an editing option for is the metadata: 

KeithAddison1_2-1678467155688.png

It's not in the Manage tab:

KeithAddison1_0-1678466927579.png

The menu you get from right clicking on the style has nothing:

KeithAddison1_1-1678467125949.png

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

Right click your existing style and click manage style. Under the Styles section in the Contents pane you should see the symbology associated with your existing style. Double click on the symbology and look at the bottom right and you should see Description | Properties | Preview

SLouq_0-1678468523071.png

That's as far as I've gotten so far.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
KeithAddison1
Frequent Contributor

 I can't get any further than this.

CaptureToEdit.JPG

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

In the Contents pane, expand Styles. A list of built in styles should popup along with any existing custom styles you may have created. If you don't have any existing styles, then right click on Styles and point to New and create one. Once you created you should see it in the list. Double click it to open the style and that should show the attributes associated with that style. Look in the lower left corner of that pane and you should see what I posted above. 

0 Kudos
GISMapLady
Occasional Contributor

I'm glad that you posted this because I was having the same problems.

I found this article to be helpful...

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/projects/manage-styles.htm#:~:text=If%20you%20have%20n....

The trick really is to open up catalog from the View Ribbon and ensuring that the detail pane is open. This is where you will find the Style Classes to work on.

catalog pane - style editing.png

0 Kudos