Print/Export Layout Differences

06-23-2018 08:33 AM
ajkelsey
New Contributor III

Export to JPG: When I export to JPG, I get the results I was looking for. The JPGappears the same way my layout looks on screen.

Export to PDF: The PDF is pretty good except it is showing small gray rectangles around the icons I created. I made the icons in CAD and saved them to SVG and I believe the rectangles are the outlines of the paper. It's strange that it doesn't show up on screen or in the JPG export.

Printing: The results from my printer look like the PDF except the icons on the map are rotated. I did rotate the map 20 degrees in my layout, but why are the icons printing differently than shown on screen?

Any insight would be appreciated.

ArcGIS v 2.1.3

Windows 10

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ajkelsey
New Contributor III

Here are the JPG and PDF.

0 Kudos
ajkelsey
New Contributor III

Ok. I solved the problem with the rectangles around my icons. I had the viewport marked as visible in CAD.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Nice work Andrew! Could you please mark your response as the correct answer so that this thread can be closed out?

0 Kudos
ajkelsey
New Contributor III

The issue with the rotated icons has yet to be resolved.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Ok, so the printing is where things are still not working properly. I find that I sometimes have more success with exporting to a PDF (or jpg), like you did, and printing from that, instead of printing from GIS itself. Does that help with this issue?

0 Kudos