Select to view content in your preferred language

Polygon to Centerline

Jump to solution
06-01-2022 07:20 AM
Labels (1)
RickCippoletti
New Contributor

I have a consultant who generated sidewalks from one foot, leaf off, color IR imagery.  The person is running it for thirteen counties in NJ.  It is funded as a research project for a NJ University and the Professor is a computer scientist, not a GIS person.  He built the platform outside of ArcGIS but is able to get me GeoJSON files with vector data, unfortunately, the sidewalks come out a long polygons.  Do you think the solution is to use the Polygon to Centerline tool?  I checked and our license of Pro can not access this tool.  What extension do I need or do I simply need to upgrade to a higher version or Pro?

Thanks,

Rick Cippoletti

NJTPA

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Here are two methods: 

Another option is purchasing the ET Geowizards add-in. At my previous job we had it and I believe it had a createCenterlines tool. Think it was a few hundred bucks per year for a license. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Here are two methods: 

Another option is purchasing the ET Geowizards add-in. At my previous job we had it and I believe it had a createCenterlines tool. Think it was a few hundred bucks per year for a license. 

RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

ask him to get you shape files instead if that is possible

You would need the Topographic Production Tools with the Production Mapping Extension to use this tool.