Point to Point Snapping

Jump to solution
04-28-2023 09:30 AM
Labels (2)
Alovell
New Contributor

Hey Guys,

I'm currently using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1 and Quick Capture to do some quick surveys of our Telecom system. Our field workers are using quick capture to collect point data and I am populating those responses in a Maintenance Map. I want to be able to snap those points to another point feature layer in the map since they are not right on top of the feature when they capture the data, but it doesn't seem that the Snap Geoprocessing tool supports snapping one point to another? Anyone know a way around this? Attached is one of the errors it throws when I attempt to run the tool.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

So I think you're using the wrong tool to accomplish your task.  The error code means that the points have to move to be coincident with the vertices, edges or endpoints of a line feature class I believe.  I would use the Integrate (Data Management) GP tool instead.  Rank high to low using 1, 2, 3 and so.  2 and 3 ranked data will move to 1 ranked data if it falls within the XY tolerance.  Would this accomplish what you're looking to do?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

So I think you're using the wrong tool to accomplish your task.  The error code means that the points have to move to be coincident with the vertices, edges or endpoints of a line feature class I believe.  I would use the Integrate (Data Management) GP tool instead.  Rank high to low using 1, 2, 3 and so.  2 and 3 ranked data will move to 1 ranked data if it falls within the XY tolerance.  Would this accomplish what you're looking to do?

0 Kudos
Alovell
New Contributor

That worked like a charm, thanks Robert!