Select to view content in your preferred language

Permission Denied error message in Notebook

06-23-2022 10:42 AM
Falcon23
New Contributor

I'm having some issues trying to run python within an ArcPro notebook. Anytime I go to run a script (see: print("hello world") level-script) the notebook fails to run it, and gives me a "Permission denied [notebook filepath]" error message in orange next to "ArcGISPro" in the top right corner of the Notebook. I have tried this in multiple file locations, both local and network, and the same message pops up. I have consulted with network IT, and none of his local/network firewall/security protocols seem to be blocking ArcPro from its processes. Also worth noting: the kernel loads slowly when opening the notebook, the "*" never goes away after I run the script, I can open jupyter in browser and run python scripts,  and the status circle next to ArcGISPro remains solid grey. 

I want to think it is an account permissions issue, but my esri account admin has given me nearly full permissions, and I have brought this issue up with him before. Admittedly I am a novice with python and notebooks (I discovered the issue trying to do the intro to notebooks tutorial...) so I am hoping the solution is something I'm simply overlooking. Any help/advice is appreciated!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ValdezJones
Emerging Contributor

Reviving this dead post to see if you ever found a solution to this problem. I am having this problem and there seems to be nothing about it online.

0 Kudos