Paste features failed. Error code: 10500

Jump to solution
02-13-2023 07:42 AM
Labels (3)
najeebhall
New Contributor III

Good day,

I am trying to use copy and paste special to transfer features from one feature layer to the next. The source feature layer is on my local machine and the target is hosted on Arc enterprise 10.9.1. I am using ArcGISpro 3.0.1. This is a process I have done many times before to copy data from one layer to another however this time some of the features works and some give this erroe below which is vague. I have the field mapping set using the transfer attribues field mapper. I have not been able to find a pattern amongst the ones that raise this error and i could not find much information on what this error code actually means. 

najeebhall_0-1676302888381.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
najeebhall
New Contributor III

I have figured this out, its because the field sizes did not line up, I used the append tool and it gave me a warning with more information. So i was copying from a field with size 500 into one with 255.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
najeebhall
New Contributor III

I have figured this out, its because the field sizes did not line up, I used the append tool and it gave me a warning with more information. So i was copying from a field with size 500 into one with 255.

0 Kudos