Select to view content in your preferred language

Package Manager

Jump to solution
Saturday
AlanBraeley
New Contributor

Hello all,

I am currently running ArcGIS Pro 3.3.0 on Windows 10. I am attempting to install a third party package to the Package Manager (https://davenquinn.com/projects/attitude/). I am inside of a cloned environment for my Active Environment. This third party package is not listed under the ""Add Packages" option and I am unsure of how to add this package to that list.

AlanBraeley_2-1719101858217.png

When I open the Python Command Prompt I enter the command "pip install Attitude" (as per the third party installation directions in the link provided above). When the command is run, I get a "PackagesNotFoundError" for "attitude":

AlanBraeley_1-1719101698508.png

I hope this is enough information and that my goal is clear. If not I am happy to edit and provide what is needed! New poster here - good to join the community!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If pip doesn't work then something is wrong with this page as well

Attitude · PyPI

you could try installing it from the downloaded files on the above site or contact the author, but it appears that it was last updated in 2019 and his last post on his github site was from 2022

davenquinn/Attitude: Attitude is for fitting the orientation of planes! (github.com)

you could probably download the code from there if you are comfortable checking it for python dependencies

good luck

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

part way down your link the installation instructions says to use pip

pip install Attitude

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AlanBraeley
New Contributor

Hello DanPatterson! Thank you for the response. I tried that command and get the "PackagesNotFound" error and I have tried entering the "pip install Attitude" command in the Python Command Prompt.

My problem is that I do not know what next step to take in order to further troubleshoot. Would this be a question best directed to the author of the software itself? I appreciate all help...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If pip doesn't work then something is wrong with this page as well

Attitude · PyPI

you could try installing it from the downloaded files on the above site or contact the author, but it appears that it was last updated in 2019 and his last post on his github site was from 2022

davenquinn/Attitude: Attitude is for fitting the orientation of planes! (github.com)

you could probably download the code from there if you are comfortable checking it for python dependencies

good luck

... sort of retired...
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Just a side note, the version of Python has been upgraded to 3.11 with ArcPro 3.3. and if as Dan hints there has been little maintenance in that module you may find it won't even work?

0 Kudos