Select to view content in your preferred language

Optimize performance of filtered external feature service map layers

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
NiColahh
New Contributor III

I am developing a web map in ArcGIS Pro (that will be hosted via AGOL) that uses publicly available external feature service layers--but the filters, symbology, and labels that I've set for some of these data appear to be significantly slowing down map rendering. I am aware of some methods of performance optimization for more static data (e.g. managed in a geodatabase, or hosted layers), but I'm uncertain what BMPs can be used to optimize those external feature service layers that I've applied custom symbology, labels, and definition queries to. In finding a solution, I'd like to avoid converting these feature services to static data if at all possible. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrendanNewell
Esri Contributor

Hi @NiColahh, have you also applied visibility ranges for your layers? 

It may be worth testing performance with a single layer at a time to observe the performance of the particular layer. Then slowly add more layers while observing performance, this will allow you to isolate a particular layer that may be causing the degraded performance. Although, I am unsure of the total amount of layers you are using in this map.

Cheers,
Brendan

🙂
0 Kudos