Not able to split polygon

08-20-2019 01:19 PM
ScottLew1
New Contributor II

I have a polygon feature service in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2 and when using the Split tool, "Operation failed" appears.  Other tools (Move, Reshape, Edit Vertices) in the Edit tab get completed.  Please see attached PDF showing screen shots.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

The proper development team is now aware of the issue and is currently investigating. For bug tracking purposes, please contact Esri Technical Support - Esri Support Contact Support

For now, it seems specific to offline feature services. Should I learn anything new, I'll post an update here.

-Scott

YueSun
by
New Contributor

Hi Scott,

For me, it's not offline feature service. When I'm splitting a polygon (comes from a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online) in ArcGIS Pro, I received the Operation Failed error as well. My Pro version is 2.2.4

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Yue,

Thanks for reporting the issue. There are a few ways to perform split, ex. Interactive, By Feature, with a selection, without a selection, etc. There are also a number of ways the splitting feature can be created, for example, it can be snapped exactly to the edges of the target, or it can slightly overlap features that are adjacent to the target.

What I'm getting at...

In the case of very specific issues, it's best to report these issues to Esri Technical Support (Esri Support Contact Support) so they can look at the steps and data. If the issue can be reproduced with general steps with any data, feel free to post that info here and I will take a look and report it to the appropriate team.

Let me know what you find out. Thank you!

Scott

0 Kudos