Select to view content in your preferred language

No Results when Joining Hosted and Enterprise Layers

01-04-2024 01:04 PM
JasminePrater
Frequent Contributor

I have a layer hosted on ArcGIS Online (Hydrant Inspections) and a layer from my Enterprise (10.7.1; Hydrant) that I am trying to join and I'm getting no results.  I have definition queries on both layers, so Hydrant only shows me publicly-owned hydrants and Hydrant Inspections only show inspections that have occurred since the last time I updated it.  I am joining on Hydrant with Hydrant Inspections using a HydrantID that is common to both.  I have Keep all input records checked and Index join fields unchecked.  I have verified that matching HydrantIDs exist in each of the layers and both are text fields, albeit different field lengths.  Can anyone help me troubleshoot why I'm receiving no results?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DominicRoberge2
Frequent Contributor

I have been experiencing the same issue FUID field (TXT-10) on Hosted feature layer and SDE FC, setup the JOIN.. nothing..... I added a new field FUID_L (Long) on both the HFL and SDE FC and was able to get the JOIN working.

the Text fields were "clean", no extra spaces, no nothing....

This JOIN in TXT fields used to work....

0 Kudos
JasminePrater
Frequent Contributor

I would like to do the join without needing to add the extra fields, since these are both layers that are actively used every day by people in both the field and office.  Perhaps it has something to do with the constantly-updating Hosted Feature Class, but I'm not certain.  That's the only thing I can come up with, unless someone has a better idea.  Thanks for the recommendation!

0 Kudos