Select to view content in your preferred language

New mobile GDB database view does not show up in GDB in Catalog

04-09-2023 10:35 PM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1; mobile geodatabase

After creating a view in a mobile geodatabase (without errors), sometimes the view doesn't show up in the GDB in Catalog, even after multiple refresh attempts in Catalog.

Restarting ArcGIS Pro and creating a new map document doesn't help. The only way to fix the issue is to delete the mobile geodatabase and recreate the GDB, FC, and view.

The issue is intermittent but does happen often (about 25% of the time).

Video:

Has anyone else had that issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Do you get the issue if you write to a local drive (directly on a new folder on C drive)?

One Drive is not supported by a lot of ArcGIS Pro and I've seen a lot of issues like what you've described occur as a result of syncing, etc

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/problem-arcgis-pro-and-cloud-storage-services-00002560...

Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Thanks. Just to clarify, the mobile geodatabase is stored on my Desktop in Windows 10. Do you still figure a folder directly on my C drive would be better?

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

The path to your desktop has 'One Drive' in it, suggesting that your user profile is connected to OneDrive.

My PC is setup this way. All my user account document / desktop folders are connected to One Drive. I either need to turn off sync and take other measures to avoid issues, or I can just work directly off my C Drive.

Yes, please try on a local folder and let us know if the issue continues there. If it doesn't, it suggests the issue is isolated to OneDrive.

Bud
by
Honored Contributor

I moved my files to my C drive on Tuesday. I haven’t noticed the issue since then. So I’ll mark this question as solved for now. Thanks.

Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, I'm still occasionally seeing the problem, even though my geodatabase is stored in a folder directly on my C drive.

• The views were created using ArcGIS Pro, not a SQL client.
  • Sometimes the view shows up a few minutes later after a subsequent refresh attempt without restarting ArcGIS Pro. Other times, restarting ArcGIS Pro is required.

But I suppose my .aprx ArcGIS Pro projects are still being saved to OneDrive. I didn't realize that until now -- I'd only changed the location of my geodatabases, not projects. So I'll change the default project path to a folder on my C drive too.

Bud_0-1681714799728.png

Note: I haven't been able to figure out how to disable OneDrive syncing. The Microsoft docs seem to be outdated and talk about settings/pages that no longer exist.

Edit: I don't think my OneDrive account was properly linked before. That's why I couldn't find the setting to unlink it, even though my files were being synced (I know they were being synced because I could see them in OneDrive web). But I managed to solve that issue by opening the OneDrive app via a web link, properly setting up/linking OneDrive, then unlinking it via the OneDrive settings in Windows Explorer.
Ugh. I find all this Microsoft OneDrive stuff very messy.

We'll see if saving my ArcGIS Pro projects in a folder on my C drive and unlinking OneDrive has any effect.

0 Kudos
VaibhavS
New Contributor III

Just tested this in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2. The issue did not reproduce. The direct connect log files might help us understand the problem. 

VaibhavS