Network Link KML

Jump to solution
02-08-2022 09:48 AM
ajmennuti
Emerging Contributor

I'm trying to add data to my maps that another group maintains in Google Maps. I can add the data as a static KML without issue, but when I try to add it as a Network Link KML (adding the KML or KMZ file to the map), it shows up as a layer with the expected name but none of the data is present. Network link is preferred because the data is regularly updated.

ArcGIS Pro 2.9.1

Enterprise Portal 10.9.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ajmennuti
Emerging Contributor

I've solved it. It's a permissions issue.

Our organization does not permit us to publicly share data from our Google accounts. I tested with a KML created from another Google account that can share publicly and got that working without issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

How are you adding the Network Link KML?  In ArcGIS Pro, click Add Data->Data from Path.  What is the result?

0 Kudos
ajmennuti
Emerging Contributor

Using Data From Path results in a layer being added with the correct name but no data. This is the same result as dragging and dropping from the Catalog. I've tried it with the KML saved to the local machine and to a shared Google Drive folder. Same result.

I also uploaded the KMZ to ArcGIS Server Manager's KML Network Links and added that as a path with the same result.

I've even tried taking the URL from the KML and using that as a path, which adds a layer with the tail end of the URL as the title and shows an error in the data source. Using that same URL in a browser prompts me to download a KML with all the expected data.

All KML/KMZ files were downloaded from the same source Google Map.

0 Kudos
ajmennuti
Emerging Contributor

I've solved it. It's a permissions issue.

Our organization does not permit us to publicly share data from our Google accounts. I tested with a KML created from another Google account that can share publicly and got that working without issue.

0 Kudos