Select to view content in your preferred language

My text is too big.

Jump to solution
06-16-2018 09:14 AM
ajkelsey
Regular Contributor

This is my first time adding text to a map. After reading the online help, annotation seems to be how I shouljd go about it. I am drawing a small map of a downtown area and I am trying to label the streets. Setting the font size at 6 points still has it way too big for my map. See attached. I would appreciate any tips.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
ajkelsey
Regular Contributor

That's a good idea. I'll have to make some corrections, but I am going to try that. Thanks!

0 Kudos
ajkelsey
Regular Contributor

Is there a way to indicate the street is a one way using this method?

0 Kudos
deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR
Deactivated User

You're asking about network flow now. Your Streets data would need to have a To field and a From field along with known points in order for this to work. I believe Esri's streets network that's leveraged in the Business Analyst data do have this type of information, but I'm fairy certain the TIGER data does not.

0 Kudos
ajkelsey
Regular Contributor

I will look into what you mentioned. Now that I'm thinking about it, I can probably achieve what I need using a point feature. I only have a couple places I need to indicate direction. 

0 Kudos
Deactivated User

You can also just draw arrows in as needed in lieu of creating new point features. Just use the drawing tool

ajkelsey
Regular Contributor

I will now go learn about the draw tool.    Thanks for the insight.

0 Kudos
Deactivated User

In Pro the workflow is to create your layout, then use the Insert -> Graphics:

You can modify the line feature to include arrowheads.

0 Kudos