multiple Spatial references in one layer ??

Jump to solution
05-10-2021 05:28 AM
Labels (2)
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

While trying to edit/update a hosted feature layer I got a warning:

BertKraan1_1-1620648071126.png

After checking the properties I found multiple Spatial refecences:

BertKraan1_2-1620648132359.png

I didn't know this was possible. Looking at the fields I see a small mess:

BertKraan1_3-1620649391915.png

4 shape length fields, hmm. Some of the data is collected using Collector, other might have been copied using Pro.

Does anyone know on how to clean this, resolve the multiple Spatial Refecences?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards, Bert 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@BertKraan1the second coordinate system you see listed there is the geographic datum.  Each projected coordinate system will have a geographic datum.  So, this is normal what you're seeing.

The multiple shape_length fields your seeing are most likely from multiple copy/pastes or export/imports.  Only one will be updated, and you should not be able to delete this field (if the data is residing in a geodatabase).  The other shape_length fields should be able to be deleted.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@BertKraan1the second coordinate system you see listed there is the geographic datum.  Each projected coordinate system will have a geographic datum.  So, this is normal what you're seeing.

The multiple shape_length fields your seeing are most likely from multiple copy/pastes or export/imports.  Only one will be updated, and you should not be able to delete this field (if the data is residing in a geodatabase).  The other shape_length fields should be able to be deleted.