Moving Your ArsGIS Pro Project

04-03-2019 11:35 AM
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

In the past with ArcMAP, as long as you grabbed the main folder with everything inside you could move it anywhere you wanted to work. Such as, to a external or another computer. I moved the whole main folder on my ArcGIS Pro project and all of the layers are disconnected. How does Pro work on moving your project??

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If your approach isn't working (ie all data in the same folder with no outside links).

did you have a look at

Consolidate Project—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

Package Project—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! I will look at both of those.

0 Kudos
PaulCyr1
New Contributor III

Got the Consolidate Project tool to run successfully, it created a p20 folder, what ever that is, then it copied 5 files into that p20 folder. It was so easy with ArcMap, I guess progress can be painful, PRO seemed to open it from the new location. I just want it up on a network share. 

I could not get the PackageProject tool to run from command line or the GUI. 

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Plus 1 on project package.  It'll grab everything.  To un-package it though once in the new location I suggest using the Extract Package tool in Pro rather than just double clicking on package file itself.  With the tool, you can specify where everything goes.  The simple double click buries in your C:\user\yourname\somehwere\deep...

That should just about do it....