Select to view content in your preferred language

Move failed geometry cannot have z-values working from Grid Index Feature

Jump to solution
01-20-2021 11:55 AM
Labels (3)
JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

I created a Grid Index Feature to be used as a frame for a map series.  I created the Grid Index Feature based on a polygon.  Tool worked fine and created my index.  I always move the index rectangles around to allow some overlap of imagery in the resulting map series and to draw match lines.  However, this time it is not letting me move them around.  It gives the error message "Move failed. Geometry cannot have Z values."  I tried remaking the grid several ways, selecting everything in the layer and making a new layer from the selection, changing settings, and cannot for the life of me get around this issue.  Please help!

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinJohnston

OK, so what I had to do to get this to work was to use the Feature Class to Geodatabase tool.  On the Environment tab for the tool, I enabled both M and Z values rather than using "same as input" or "disabled".  The new feature class is now allowing me to move the polygons accordingly. 

Cheers,

Justin

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JustinJohnston

OK, so what I had to do to get this to work was to use the Feature Class to Geodatabase tool.  On the Environment tab for the tool, I enabled both M and Z values rather than using "same as input" or "disabled".  The new feature class is now allowing me to move the polygons accordingly. 

Cheers,

Justin