Mosaic dataset overview - Problem with white space

Jump to solution
11-25-2020 07:14 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

After building the overviews for a mosaic dataset we are seeing a thin white line cutting our overview in half. The white line only appears at specific scales, once we zoom in and out from these scales, the white line disappears.

We've tried several different runs with different parameters changed but nothing seem to work.

We've also tried building seamlines and recreating .ovr files.

Any help is welcome 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

quite a few tips here:

Solved: ArcGIS 10.2.2 Mosaic Dataset -- Overviews not gene... - GeoNet, The Esri Community

involving 'negative shrink distance'. Not sure I have the energy to learn about that one today.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

quite a few tips here:

Solved: ArcGIS 10.2.2 Mosaic Dataset -- Overviews not gene... - GeoNet, The Esri Community

involving 'negative shrink distance'. Not sure I have the energy to learn about that one today.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much @DavidPike for your quick response!

My mosaic had black edges that I needed to get rid of, so instead of using "Geometry" as a computation method while building footprints, I used "Radiometry" and added a negative shrink distance which helped remove the white line.
The only problem that I'm facing right now is the difference in colours between different sections of my mosaic, the North and South are much brighter than the middle part. I had solved this problem in the past by building statistics and colour balancing the mosaic using "Enhance ► Colour Balance (Balance Method = Dodging, Surface Type = First Order). When I Colour Balanced my mosaic after applying the shrink distance, the results weren't good at all, the tiles boundaries became apparent (see attached image) 

Any idea on how to solve this? 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Did you colour balance before building the footprints?

Have you got a stretched symbology renderer applied on the RGB? Maybe set it to None.

Maybe check the skip factor on the statistics as well.  The only thing I could say is to mess about with some of the balancing / dodging options. 😞

0 Kudos