Select to view content in your preferred language

mosaic dataset cell sizes too small?

04-13-2017 06:22 PM
RichardHughes2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I am converting some UTM rasters in meters to State Plane in feet and have a situation where the cell sizes in the referenced mosaic dataset are 0.00200207932916667.  This is very confusing to me and Calculating the Item Visibility does not change this.  I am thinking of overriding this setting with what I know the cell size should be, but it seems like something is wrong with the mosaic dataset.  The first MD is in the native projection of the rasters, I add all the rasters, build my footprint, calc stats, import a boundary, and build overviews.  The cell size is 10m.  When I create a referenced dataset and set the projection as State Plane, the cell size drops to the 0.002002 value.  I am doing an arithmetic function to adjust the cell values from meters to feet, then calc stats and everything looks good except for the cell size.  This is important because I need to export the mosaic as a single raster.  Has anyone experienced this before in ArcPro?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

is that some fraction of a degree? depending what your latitude is and whether it is NS or EW 10ish meters is in the range-ish 0.0001 at the equator.  Do you have a degrees/meters/feet issue in play?

RichardHughes2
Occasional Contributor III

Sorry for not getting back sooner, I will respond with info later this week or next.  Your idea sounds right, but I have not checked looked into this further.  

0 Kudos