Select to view content in your preferred language

Modelbuilder "ghost" parameters that don't do anything

12-14-2023 02:25 AM
Labels (2)
jbcypreste
New Contributor III

Hello. I have this modelbuilder I've been working on. I've set a few parameters in the past, but have since got rid of them. But, for some reason, they still show up on the properties window and on the geoprocessing pane when I run the model. Please see the picture below. There are 6 parameters on the properties window, but only 3 on the model. I've already run "auto layout", but that's it. There are only 3 parameters, but ArcGIS Pro insists there are more.

jbcypreste_0-1702549255429.png

The worst part is that I can't do anything about the ghost parameters. Can't delete, can't rename. The layers they reference don't even exist anymore. What can be done?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Something to try is in your ArcGIS Pro project (or a new project), create a new ArcGIS Pro toolbox, copy the model from the original toolbox and paste it in the new toolbox.  Open the model in edit mode, and on the ModelBuilder tab in the Run group, click Validate, then save.  Then go to Tool Properties:  Model and see if the ghost parameters are still there.

SMH-Rio
Occasional Contributor

It solved an inverse problem I had: there were many parameters in the model, but they were not displayed in the properties.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Interesting.  So is the model now working or is it throwing errors?

0 Kudos
SMH-Rio
Occasional Contributor

It's working. The biggest problem was creating it, since arcgis wasn't recognizing my parameters (I don't know why). I needed to copy the model to a new toolbox several times during the creation process to perform the necessary tests. After this (long) creation stage, everything is running smoothly.

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

That's great it's working!  To close the thread, you may pick your response or my response as a solution.  Have a great weekend!

0 Kudos