Select to view content in your preferred language

Model Builder Will Not Open ArcGIS Pro3.0.2

12-20-2022 12:36 PM
the4thworld
New Contributor II

I recently updated to ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2 and have encountered an odd bug. If I create a new project on our company's main shared data drive I cannot create a new model (either through the analysis tab or using the "new" function on a toolbox in the catalog) or a new script. If I try to create a model I receive the error "Failed to create new model." with no error code or other text. If I try to create a new script I receive "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.". The odd part of this is that I do not have any issues if I am in a Pro Project that has been upgraded from an earlier version of Pro or if I create the Pro Project on a different network or local drive.

ModelBuilderErrMsg.jpg

ScriptErrorMsg.jpg

My testing indicates that the issue is with the toolbox (default or other) being on the shared drive. I have shortened the file path as much as possible and that did not fix it. I also tried creating additional new toolboxes but none of them work so long as they're on the shared drive (they do work on local or other network drives). 

Since I have to use the shared drive in order to collaborate with other team members (all of whom have the same error) I can't use the other network location as a solution and we cannot downgrade to earlier version of Pro. I have been successful at saving the toolbox as a previous version, bringing it back into the catalog, and then creating a model that way, but this is the only solution I've been able to find. I'm also unsure if all the 3.0 geoprocesses will work with this back-versioned toolbox. Any thoughts or other workarounds would be greatly appreciated. 

20 Replies
ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello all, 

We got on a call with two awesome members who reported this issue and installed a fix in 3.2.1 and 3.1.4. Please could you upgrade to 3.1.4 and check if possible?

In the case mentioned above - we cannot create models in pyt so that failure is correct. Although we could improve the error message or disable creation of a new model. We will work to disable creation of a new model when the default toolbox is a pyt. 

Thanks for reporting!

0 Kudos