Mobile Geodatabase Licencing Requirements

11-05-2021 04:56 AM
AnthonyJonesRSK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I've just read the blog post on mobile geodatabases here and was interested in testing using them, only to find out that they are not editable without at least a standard licence. I couldn't find anything about the licencing requirements in the blog post or in the documentation but received an error in ArcGIS Pro.

Are there any intentions to make mobile geodatabases editable with a basic licence? Without this it surely limits their usability or potential as a substitute for file geodatabases.

Thanks

Anthony  

3 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello @AnthonyJonesRSK 

According to the article below (see link), the mobile geodtabase is a SQLite database file and does not require licensing.  I believe since you are attempting to edit the data is where the license requirement presents itself.  

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.7/help/data/geodatabases/manage-mobile-gdb/mobile-geodatabases.h... 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
AnthonyJonesRSK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Amanda,

Yes, you require a standard or advanced licence to edit data in a mobile geodatabase. I find this slightly bizarre as if it is to be a more convenient alternative to a geodatabase then why can't it be edited using a basic licence? It just makes it unusable for us.

Thanks

Anthony

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Anthony,

I see... well maybe this is something you should post in the idea page?  Maybe it will get the attention of the developers and they will consider changing it.

Amanda

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos