Maps saved in ArcPro?

03-22-2017 11:57 AM
HannahShepherd1
New Contributor II

Can someone explain to me where a Project's Maps are saved in the Project files? If I have a Project with multiple Maps designated to the particular development project, how do I ensure the items in that Map are being saved as is?

Say I want to close the Map, where is it saved? I would think the .mapx file would be the answer, but that is only as good as the last time someone manually saved the map.

Also, is there a way to manage the maps in each project? For example, if I want to save a map in the Apples folder, and another map in the Oranges folder - but all are associated with the same Project.

Thanks to anyone!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaytonGilchrist
New Contributor

Not really sure that this answers your question but maybe I can save someone else a bit of trouble.

At my job we use a lot of layout (.pagx) files and I just realized you can right click on the Layer Map Frame and Open Map. So, my understanding (I've only been using ArcPro for 2 weeks) is that as long as you save your project file (.aprx) and your layout files you should be able to open maps using this method. 

0 Kudos